|Scope||Program||Speakers||General Info||Local Info||Organizers||Funding||Application Form||Participants|
The '''European PhD Complexity Schools''' were introduced by GIACS as one of the instruments to initiate, escort and expose to the wider community research projects done by complexity young scientists. Over the last years dozens of students received their PhD following such events. While the previous schools took place mainly at ISI Foundation, Turin Italy , the present one will take place on Sept 10-14 in conjunction with the '''5th European Conference on Complex Systems ECCS 2008 , Jerusalem (Sept 14-19) and a few other major events. The School will benefit form the speakers of those events and will serve as a tutorial and pedagogical introduction to the other events. In addition to the educational aspects, the contact with the world complexity leaders will deeply benefit the young researchers. While the complexity approach emphasizes synthesis over disciplinarity,
some of the talks of the school will fit - following the ECCS themes - under the titles:
- Eco(logical)-inspired problems
- Eco(nomics)-inspired problems
- Socio-Economics inspired problems
- Global System Dynamics (Policy making, Climate change, HIV).
- Physical and Mathematical Methods
- Biology and Bioinformatics
Among the events planned in conjunction with the school:
- Show cases of Programs supporting Complexity such as ISI Foundation , Lagrange Program, CCS.
- Conferences on Theoretical /Mathematical Methods in Agent Based models, Very Large Data Bases in biology and economics , Music and Science, Working Memory, Firm Dynamics, Sustainability, Environmental Friendly Growth , Global System Dynamics and Policies etc.
- Think Tanks on fundamental Complexity problems,
- Workshops on Large Data Bases in Biological and Social Sciences,
- Annual meetings of Special Targeted Research Projects (CO3,DAPHNet, etc)